Saturday, August 1, 2009

Well I have been busy trying to finish several projects in the middle of a busy week! I think I made a lot of progress though, I am definetly happy with the latest! If you know me at all you know that I am the most indecisive person and so it is a process for me to even decide what I want to make or how I'd like to re-do something. But, I finally decided to re-do my kitchen table after much contemplation and looking for ideas. It was just a basic table that we bought at Walmart when we got married, I liked but thought it would be fun to try something new. So....I ventured out to pick up some spray paint, sandpaper, and got started! Here is the before:


I sanded down the table just enough to take the varnish off and then cleaned it really well. Then I painted two coats of black flat spray paint, nothing fancy at all just the cheapest spray paint! After drying I did two coats of black glossy spray paint and finished it off with a clear coat. I am so happy with the result!




I was doing so well with the table I decided to go ahead and start another project! I had these cheap trays that someone had left at our house after a party and wanted to repurpose them into something cute for my kitchen. I went to my favorite store, Hobby Lobby, and picked up some Modge Podge and scrapbook paper. Here it is:



More to come! Have a great Saturday!




No comments:

Post a Comment